Athens is the centre of ancient Greece, the city of the Parthenon temple and a vibrant metropolis that never sleeps.
Make sure you arrive/leave a few days earlier/later so that you will have the chance to enjoy the city. Here are the Top 10 things that you can do in Athens (brought to you by our local community):
- Join our Thursday “Tour of Athens” *
- Visit the Parthenon temple and the Αcropolis Μuseum
- Walk around the Acropolis hill
- Discover the old city (Plaka, Anafiotika)
- Go to Monastiraki for shopping
- Visit Lycabettus hill and Exarchia
- Buy original Greek products (olive oil, olives, herbs) / Check out these stores -> Ergon Yolenis
- Taste the famous Greek cuisine / Favourite places for food -> Bahanezos ΑΣΤΕΡ Atlantikos Elvis Klimataria Karamanlidika Laini / Favourite vegan & vegetarian places -> mama tierra Veganaki Cookoomela Grill Vegan Nation Lime bistro Healthy Bites Favourite places for snack -> Marika Tarts Up/ Favourite places for dessert -> Serbetia Little Kook I Cake you
- In a city that never sleeps you have to go for drinks -> Galaxy Bar @Hilton Six Dogs Taf Hotel Chelsea Alexandrino Barrett Praxitelous Bar Ble Papagalos Kokkinos Lotos Upupa Epops
- Visit Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
*On Thursday afternoon, we are organising a tour of Athens, make sure you will let us know that you are interested when you register for the event.
Need more info about Athens? Visit this site -> http://www.thisisathens.org/
Tour of Athens
The tour will happen on Thursday afternoon. Please sign up for the tour, when you register for the event. In case we don’t have enough participants, we might need to cancel. But we don’t want to, so please sign up!
More info coming soon.